Skip to main content

I really like getting your Albuquerque property flyers, I really do!

This blog post goes out to all of my broker friends in Albuquerque, trying hard to sell their listings...after all if you aren't trying hard to sell your listings, then why stay in the business, right? Let me just say this officially - I DO NOT mind getting your property flyers emailed to me. I know you have heard a million times "I can find what I want on the MLS! **%(#()@! Don't bother me!" I disagree. Sometimes, I just can't. Why? Because the MLS is a great tool for telling me the basics...address, area, size, bedrooms and whether it has a pool. Oh, and yes it tells me how much your brokerage is offering to me to close the property with you with a qualified buyer.

The MLS, however, is lacking in being able to spell out alot of really nice information that might fit my buyer just perfectly, based on me putting in a somewhat broad search in the MLS and taking alot of time to read all of your remarks (as space allows)

Many years ago our brokerage was the first to come out with the ability to send out flyers of our properties via email. Being forward thinking, I created a database of email addresses of all of the Realtors® in our brokerage, and sent out an email flyer about a property that I had listed. It had some unique characteristics about the living space which I wanted to point out, but was impossible to do in the MLS in a searchable field. The result of that emailing was alot of cuss words about "don't spam me with your stuff, I can look in the MLS"...but the best result was a SALE of the property to someone who read the flyer, noticed the unique characteristics, showed it to his buyer...and what do you know, presented a purchase agreement! Wow, now this is cool, I said to myself.

I guess you could say I support any brokers' efforts to try to sell a listing....I will attend broker opens, I will go on broker tours as I can find the time...if someone asks me to check out a listing personally as a 'second eye' to see what they can do to get it sold - I am more than happy to do it! After all, we are by the nature of the MLS, in a cooperative business and need to be cooperative.

What do I do with the hundreds of emails that I get on a daily basis, including those emailed flyers for properties that I might not have a buyer for at the moment? I have a few choices...I can bookmark them because I like them, I can forward them to someone else because I've heard from another broker something that reminds me to send this to them, or I can do what is so easy, just hit the DELETE key and move on. Don't cuss, don't complain, don't try to take some big social stand against what we should be able to find in the MLS....

So, next time you have a property flyer going out via email - rest assured I am going to look at it! Seriously, I am....but to make it more effective, point out an amazing feature that I might not know about via the MLS search. Like this feature, for example, this property has an outdoor bathroom!


Comments

Rent said…
Great story!Well I have recently viewed your post,and after reading your story,I wish I could invest in Albuquerque real estate Thanks for sharing and writing this post.I thought it was all very interesting.Rent Toronto
When I saw the title of this blog post, I just had to read on...The reason is that I get these types of flyers about 15 times a week from my fellow Keller Williams agents here in the San Antonio Real Estate market. I don't like getting them at times, but I don't blame the agent for doing everything he/she can to sell the property. And you're right, it may be annoying to a lot of agents, but all it takes is ONE.
arrielle_p said…
Great read on your post. Wish I could invest in Albuquerque real estate too.

Philippine properties