Skip to main content

I'd love to network your property - BUT

You know how powerful the Network is, otherwise you wouldn't be on the Internet. The National Association of Realtors stated that over 80% of home buyers and sellers are on the Internet shopping for homes and finding out what is for sale.
It also stands to reason that my biggest source of eyes for your property is my Network that I have with my fellow brokers. The answer is Yes, but if only I could get to them!
My association that I belong to doesn't make available a down loadable updated list of email addresses for the membership for me to access. This prevents me from marketing your property to them in the form of announcements of open houses, broker open luncheons, special features and flyers that would make your property stand out in the crowd of over 5,000 listings.
Unfortunately there is no easily accessible method to send out an email to everyone even in my own company at Coldwell Banker Legacy - at least not yet. I am lobbying to have this available.
The common cry that I hear is 'but we don't care about a flyer for a property that is already in MLS"...as a member of the public, you should take a minute and have a Realtor show you how an MLS search is done, and how black/white and full of plain data our search results are. With some listings you will see lots of pictures, with some you will see none - but for some features that can 'catch an eye' like a great label in a Trader Joe's shelf, sometimes the best thing you can do is point is out to brokers individually in the form of a flyer or email statement.
Do I have on the road experience that this matters? Yes! More than once I have noticed a property flyer and it triggers in my head a certain buyer; more than once I have sent out a property flyer and had it be shown for a particular feature that I have pointed out in the feature list, and it sold.
My belief is that we are a pool of professionals, that while we are competitors, we are also depending on mutual cooperation to get the job done.
If this matters to you, take a minute and contact the association at GAAR and tell them that you think it would be useful for them to have an easy method for your broker to get the word out, and contact your broker and ask how they feel about getting property advertisements from other brokers. If they say they hate it, you might want to rethink your relationship, because if they don't want advertising from other brokers how well are they cooperating with the system?
I, for one, enjoy getting property advertisements. It gives me fresh ideas on how to promote your property, it keeps me that much more tuned "in" to what is going on in the market - and heck, it's just part of my job.
I love my job.

Comments