Thursday, June 29, 2006
The New Rail Runner!
Rail Runner to begin abbreviated route Last Update: 06/28/2006 10:13:00 AMBy: Reed Upton The Middle Rio Grande’s commuter rail line is within weeks of beginning service, but it will have fewer stops than it will when full service begins. On July 14th the Rail Runner will begin offering service from downtown Albuquerque to Bernalillo with stops at Alvarado Station, Paseo del Norte and US 550 in Bernalillo. Missing will be stops in downtown Bernalillo, Los Lunas and Belen. “I would have preferred to have the whole corridor in place,” said executive director Lawrence Rael, “but construction schedules being what they are, negotiations with the Burlington Northern (railway) did not occur as quickly as we would have liked.” Officials estimate the train will make the run from downtown Albuquerque to northern Bernalillo in 18 minutes. When the trains initially begin running there will be no charge. Come October, a one-way trip aboard the Rail Runner will cost $2.
- ► 2014 (20)
- ► 2013 (33)
- ► 2012 (45)
- ► 2011 (23)
- ► 2010 (61)
- ► 2009 (46)
- ► 2008 (76)
- ► 2007 (31)
- The New Rail Runner!
- HOTEL RATES WILL BE GREAT!
- CASHING IN ON THE LAST HOT SPOT!
- ALBUQUERQUE BIG ON PARKS!
- REAL ESTATE MARKET'S SOFT LANDING
- SELLING YOUR HOME
- UNM gets $9 million for south Albuquerque land
- Forest City to co-develop N. Mexico project
- AMERICA'S SMARTEST CITIES!!
- California firm buys Albuquerque tech company
- GREEN BUILDERS COMING INTO THEIR OWN
- ▼ June (11)
- I believe in a consultative approach to buying and selling homes. Albuquerque is my home and I love the gorgeous surroundings, the breathtaking scenery and blue skies that are everywhere.
I love the pueblo style homes and the contemporary masterpieces that our artists have created - everywhere there is beauty!Albuquerque real estate is my life!