Thursday, July 13, 2006
Eminent Domain Limited in Rio Rancho
Eminent Domain Limited in Rio Rancho The Rio Rancho City Council recently voted to pass restrictions against seizing residential homes or commercial businesses for redevelopment. The city has used eminent domain to seize property at least twice in the last two years and attempted a third time in February 2006, but failed after meeting strong resistance from property owners. Opponents call the process a political tool to coerce property owners and reward developers. Read the full story about the council’s unanimous vote in New Mexico Business Weekly. ****************************
- ► 2014 (20)
- ► 2013 (33)
- ► 2012 (45)
- ► 2011 (23)
- ► 2010 (61)
- ► 2009 (46)
- ► 2008 (76)
- ► 2007 (31)
- Albuquerque named top five destination hotspots by...
- HOLLYWOOD COMES TO ALBUQUERQUE
- Lofts in Albuquerque’s first skyscraper to cost ha...
- Westland reaches deal for $250M
- County housing prices up, market steady
- Eminent Domain Limited in Rio Rancho
- GOOD NEWS FOR SCHOOLS!
- ALBUQUERQUE SHAKING OUT AS NEW BOOMTOWN
- ▼ July (8)
- I believe in a consultative approach to buying and selling homes. Albuquerque is my home and I love the gorgeous surroundings, the breathtaking scenery and blue skies that are everywhere.
I love the pueblo style homes and the contemporary masterpieces that our artists have created - everywhere there is beauty!Albuquerque real estate is my life!