Thursday, July 13, 2006
GOOD NEWS FOR SCHOOLS!
Good News for New Mexico Schools New Mexico has received more than $12 million from the US Education Department to increase the number of charter schools in the state, the Associated Press reports. The funds will be made available over the next three years to plan, design, and create the new charter schools. State Public Education Secretary Veronica Garcia says 90 percent of the federal money will go to charter schools in the form of planning and implementation grants. The state agency also will work to improve the approval process for charter schools and make sure that parents and students are informed about charter school options. Read NAR’s look at the effect of charter schools on neighborhood quality of life.
- ► 2014 (20)
- ► 2013 (33)
- ► 2012 (45)
- ► 2011 (23)
- ► 2010 (61)
- ► 2009 (46)
- ► 2008 (76)
- ► 2007 (31)
- Albuquerque named top five destination hotspots by...
- HOLLYWOOD COMES TO ALBUQUERQUE
- Lofts in Albuquerque’s first skyscraper to cost ha...
- Westland reaches deal for $250M
- County housing prices up, market steady
- Eminent Domain Limited in Rio Rancho
- GOOD NEWS FOR SCHOOLS!
- ALBUQUERQUE SHAKING OUT AS NEW BOOMTOWN
- ▼ July (8)